Sunday, May 6, 2012

Pull the Trigger

When faced with a decision, Brian and I think and analyze and contemplate.  A lot.  We're both naturally like this and our union has seemingly only intensified that characteristic in each other.  The classic example that demonstrates our analysis paralysis is the adoption of our cats.  For several months we discussed getting cats.  We talked about the pros and cons.  We checked out books from the library.  We talked to friends.  We considered other pets.  Then one Monday morning my friend Alisha tells me, '"yeah, we decided to get a kitten this weekend."  What?!  You mean you decided and did it all in one weekend?!  The Westbys know how to pull the trigger.  The Wynnes do not.

So, in classic Wynne form, rather than just feed Rhys solids we are analyzing our way down the path.  Several weeks ago we took a class.  Since then we've been allowing him to suck on various foods here and there.  This weekend we got out the high chair.  We even let him sit it in it.  And, though not part of the plan (gasp!), we let him suck on a red bell pepper all on his own.  Brian actually suggested we just go ahead and feed him some food.  Whoa.  Don't worry, I put the kibosh on that.  We gave him a little bit of formula this weekend and I didn't want to overload his system with too much new stuff.  Phew, spontaneous decision averted.

I don't know what it is, but I'll happily put it in my mouth...just like everything else.

You're not going to take it away, are you?

Dad, I can't understand why you don't like peppers.  They're so good!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment