Sunday, May 26, 2013

All The Cute Things

Someone recently advised me to "write down all of the cute things that Rhys does" because I am sure to forget them.  I think I've documented a lot of cute things on this blog, but here's a post dedicated to even more of them!

For several of these, I have no photographic proof.  My written description will have to suffice for now.

Kisses

Rhys is an open mouth kisser.  (I can't remember if I've blogged about this or not).  When you ask for a kiss, he opens his mouth as wide as he can and comes at you.  It is hilarious.  Brian and I welcome these slobbery shows of affection.  Our nanny gamely offers her cheek.  :)

Ding!

Whenever the toaster oven timer goes off (ding!) Rhys immediately halts whatever he is doing and runs into the kitchen pointing at the toaster saying "oh, oh, oh, oh."  The boy loves his toast, whether it's doused in butter (if Dada is fixing) or topped with almond butter (when Mama is in charge).

Wabawabawaba  

Often when Rhys runs, he makes a noise that sounds to us like "wabawabawabawaba".  Basically, he's just letting sound come from his throat while his cheeks and lips flop around.  I must get video of this, I think it's *the* cutest thing he does.

Bus/Truck/Motorcycle Excitement

Busses, trucks and motorcycles elicit a level of excitement from Rhys that nothing else does (well, except maybe the toaster oven).  He makes a big O with this mouth and points and watches with great intensity.  On Friday, we went to the community center to play and on the way in we found some guys pouring concrete...way cool!


Whoa, Mama.  This is so cool.  I don't even care that you have your phone out to take my picture.


The other day, Rhys got to hang out in Uncle Pat's huge shop and play in one of the torn apart trucks.  Way, way cool. 

I'll drive us home, Dada!

Trash Collection

I don't know how cute this habit is, but it's worth documenting.  Rhys loves to pick up trash.  (I guess maybe he gets this from Brian?)  Most every time we're outside Rhys finds some garbage on the ground, picks it up while yelling "trash, trash" and then insists on taking it HIMSELF to the nearest garbage can.  Kinda gross, I know.  But what a good little citizen!

Rhys!

I know I am super biased but, seriously, Rhys is freakin' adorable. 

Awww, man, the paparazzi are here again...better get my shades on.

Not too many pics, Mama, I got places to go.


Look, Ma!  No shoes on the gravel.  I am one tough dude.

A RARE moment of sitting.  Clearly just wanted to be like Dada. 

No comments:

Post a Comment