Thursday, February 21, 2013

Up Late

It is WAY past my bedtime (10:17) and yet I am still up.  Why?  Well, Rhys seems to have leapfrogged into his teenage years and is now sleeping late.  Yes, I am probably jinxing us, but I must report the happy news that we've gotten to sleep in past 6am for several days this week.  So, here I am up past 10...wanting to record a few random notes...

...Sometime in the last week Rhys decided that he likes to sit in my lap and read.  It is awesome!  He'll grab a book and bring it my direction.  When he's a few steps away, he turns around and backs into my lap.  It is so darn cute.

...This morning he said "bye-bye".  I was getting ready to head out the door and he said it to me.  Katie (nanny) and I just looked at each other like "wow, that was awesome!"  I loved how excited she was.  She really loves Rhys which means so much to us.

...Rhys can now point to his nose when asked "where's your nose" and has figured out that plugging it makes him sound funny.

...This past weekend we went for a walk and there were several City of Seattle trucks with flashing lights parked along the side of the road.  Rhys got so excited.  He is really into big trucks.  His excitement caught the eye of one of the workers who brought over a genuine hard hat for Rhys.  It was a nice gesture that was met with a pouty look and furious head shake "no" when said worker attempted to place said hat on Rhys' head.  No hats, regardless of how cool your truck is, thank you very much.  

...When I say we went for a walk, I mean all three of us.  No more stroller for Rhys on our walk to the hospital for coffee.  Yeah, it takes a lot to keep him headed in the right direction, but it's totally worth it.  He loves walking and I get such a kick out of watching him. 

Ok, it's definitely bed time now.  Night-night!




No comments:

Post a Comment