Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day, Dad

Dear Dad,

There are a lot of cool guys in my life.  I love my grandpas (Happy Father's Day to you two) and my uncles (Uncle Carl, when are you coming to visit?!) and my friends (hi Calder and Lincoln), but there's just no one like you.

I've turned your life upside down, wreaked havoc on your sleep for seven months and yet I can tell you love me more than anything.  It feels really good to be loved like that.  When you come into the room, I can't help but smile so big that my cheeks hurt.  

Mama tells me that you like your job a lot and are very, very good at it.  Knowing that makes me all the more grateful for the three months you took off so we could hang out together.  I know taking care of me can be a little monotonous (feed, play, change, nap, repeat) and I'm not much of a conversationalist (yet), but I never got the sense that there was anything else you'd rather being doing.  Any old dad can "babysit" and keep his kid alive.  It takes a really special dad, like you, to make time together quality time.

I am learning a lot by watching you love Mama.  I hope one day to have a wife (husband?) to devote myself to the way you devote yourself to her.  Having two parents who love me is great, having two parents who love me and each other is awesome.  Our family makes me feel safe and secure.

Thanks for being my dad, Dad.  I love you very much.

Love,

Rhys
         








1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a sweet message! Glad you had a good Father's Day! Love, love, LOVE the blog! Unfortunately I don't remember to check very often, so I read about a month's at a time.

    Love, Auntie Sara

    ReplyDelete