Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Saturday morning adventure

Rhys and I had really great time together last Saturday morning.  I was happy to be out of the house and away from Lorelei as her clingy phase is driving me batty.  So it just was icing on the cake that Rhys and I had such a fun time. We were out and about, on foot, for nearly 2.5 hours and at the end it was only me complaining about me hot and tired! Rhys' new shoes must be magic (more on those later).

First stop?  Haircut for the little man.


He was thrilled when I let him have the sucker they offered him and could hardly believe it when I told him he could have it all.  In retrospect, maybe this is why he was in such a good mood the whole time...

I loved watching him get his haircut because 1) he did not talk the entire time (he typically only goes more than 30 seconds without talking if he's sleeping) and 2) he clearly loved how it felt, which was so fun to watch on his little face.  When they used the electric clippers, he was soooo in the zone I swear I saw a little drool.

Next stop?  Toy store.  They have a great little train set that he loves playing with; he can actually entertain himself for 10+ minutes.  I am guessing that would not be the case if it were at home, so I just enjoy it for what it is at the toy store.




Next stop:  Park.

We had a break for a snack, played on some toys and then did a bunch of "balance beam" walking around the perimeter of the park.


You can see his new shoes in the previous pics and video really well.  They're from a company in Oregon called Soft Star Shoes and they (both the company and the shoes) are fabulous. I'm really picky about shoes for the kids as proper foot development is crucial for proper body development. AND YET, the last pair of shoes I got for Rhys were too big for him but I didn't do anything about it until now (and only now because the velcro was wearing out).  Bad mommy.  Luckily, I feel like I made up for it with these great, minimal shoes that he clearly loves.

And then we headed home, which was another mile or so of walking and looking at plants and talking and talking and talking and talking. And some more talking.  Even with all the talking, it was a really fun adventure.  And, we certainly covered a lot more ground than we would have with Lorelei in tow as going for a walk with her these days looks a lot like this:



No comments:

Post a Comment