Thursday, June 26, 2014

Why? Why? Why? Why?

Rhys has entered the "why" phase. I had no idea it would come so soon.  I really thought it was an older kid thing.  Regardless of what I thought, it's here and it's intense!  "Why" is the response to everything we say to him.  It gets real old, real fast.  Early in the day I try and answer with a true/actual response but by the end of the day I take Brian's approach which is to reply with something completely nonsensical.

Me:  Rhys please go wash your hands.

Rhys:  Why?

Me (early in the day):  Because we are about to eat breakfast and we need clean hands.

Me (late in the day):  Because Pluto is no longer considered a planet.

Fortunately, Katie is still working full-time right now so she gets to deal with a lot of the why's.  (Fortunate for me, not so fortunate for her).

There hasn't been too much time when I've had to manage both kids alone which is a good thing because this can happen:


It doesn't show up great in this picture, but he's got a big ol' scrape on his forehead and nose.  As Katie says, it looks pretty badass.  Regardless, I felt bad that it happened on my watch.

Fortunately, our more delicate child, Ms. Lorelei, has not sustained any injuries while on my watch.  She is just eating and growing and sleeping, which is awesome.  Our days consist of nursing, naps, diapers and walks.  It's not terribly exciting, but I am enjoying my time with her nonetheless.  Besides, I have Rhys around to keep life "interesting."  He's been very "challenging" in the last couple of weeks.  I am praying it's just a phase as he adjusts to life with Lorelei around.

A relatively rare awake-and-not-nursing moment.

Ahhh, this is more like it.
We have two kids.  Wow.


No comments:

Post a Comment