Monday, December 2, 2013

Undies!

On most nights, the last thing I do before I put Rhys in his crib is list for him all of the people that love him.  If I forget, or try to skip this step, he reminds me.  He says "talk people".  This means "let's talk about all of the people that love me."  So, we go down the list...

Mama loves Rhys
Dada loves Rhys
Grandpa loves Rhys
Grandma Donna loves Rhys
Grandma Ann loves Rhys
Nanna loves Rhys
Papa loves Rhys

etc, etc, etc

After each person he repeats me, except that he leaves out "loves."  It goes like this:

Me:  Auntie Audrey loves Rhys
Rhys:  Auntie Aud-da-da-da Rhys

Last night, our routine took a funny twist.  The last book we read was The Potty Book, so that topic was on the brain.  The very last page in that book says "undies" and we talked about how he'll get to wear undies, like Mama and Dada, when he goes to the bathroom in the potty.  And then our "talk people" routine turned into this:

Me:  Katie loves Rhys
Rhys:  Katie wear undies

Me:  Debra loves Rhys
Rhys:  Debra wear undies

And so we went down the list.  It was quite funny.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment