Saturday, August 17, 2013

Family Weekend Part II

I'd like to say that last weekend was all about me since it was my 34th birthday, but that would be a lie.  While we did raise a toast to me at dinner, the real stars of the weekend were Rhys and an unexpected guest, cousin Hailey.  We knew Grandpa Tom and Grandma Donna were coming, but we didn't know until they were on their way that Donna's 11-year-old granddaughter was with them.  We were a little nervous about finding activities that would suit two kids with such a big age gap, but we needn't have worried a bit.  Hailey was totally game for whatever and, as she quickly became the apple of Rhys' eye, he was game for whatever as long as "Hay-hay" was there.

I think raising a daughter would be tough.  If I ever have to face that task, I'll get some advice from Hailey's parents - clearly they're doing something right.  She is a great kid.

Auntie Audrey wasn't around to take a million pictures, but since I wasn't the star of the day I went ahead and snapped a few shots.

The recurring theme in these pictures is "how cute are these kids?!"  I'll try to think of something more creative to say...but, seriously, how cute are these kids?!


Every time Hailey tried to get out of this play firetruck, Rhys commanded her to "sit! sit"!  She sweetly obliged every time.



You can't see Hailey in the picture, but she is the subject of Rhys' intense stare.
 

Dada's presence gave Hailey an opening to escape, so she could check out the big kid toys.


She scaled this thing about 5 seconds flat - wearing flip flops nonetheless.

Just hangin' out...

Coffee break with grandpa.

Grandpa looks happy because most of the time Rhys was up there, he was giving Grandpa a nice head rub.  The man is a real sucker for head rubs (not to mention cute grandsons).

This picture sums up the weekend perfectly.  And, by the way, how cute are these kids?!

No comments:

Post a Comment