Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Too Cute for His Own Good

Rhys' wave is pretty stinkin' cute.  It's unfortunate that he tends to give it freely to those who could care less and withhold it from those who would love to see it.  As an example, there's a semi-weird guy who often sits outside of the church across the street from our house.  I know it doesn't make me a good person, but I wouldn't have minded much if Rhys chose to ignore him on our daily walks.  But, nope.  Rhys really likes that guy and he gets some of the cutest waves.  The little old Asian ladies that beg for a wave get nothin'.  The semi-weird guy is definitely warming up to Rhys, though.  In a recent interaction, he offered Rhys half of his Butterfinger.  You won't be surprised to hear, I swiftly responded "no thanks" and we made our way to the park.
 .
The guy graciously took "no" for an answer.  We had less luck in a different situation.  Out on yet another walk, we encountered a guy who was a little rough around the edges.  Of course, Rhys waved at him and he immediately pulled a handful of wadded up ones out of his pocket and tried to give one to Rhys.  It was so weird and I did not want Rhys to take it so I was kind of bending over him, holding back his hands and the guy proceeded to stuff the dollar bill in my shirt pocket!  No, I am not kidding.  Yes, we are getting serious about buying a new house.

Perhaps, though, if this cute face waved at you, you'd feel compelled to offer money as well.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment